Photographer since 2001

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Forever 21 Plus Size Rocks!

Today we're checkin' out Forever 21's Plus size line!!
Where to find it: It seems to be only available on the third floor of the St-Catherine/De La Montagne Forever 21 store.
Use: Clothes
Ease of use: So easy and comfy!
Smell: The jeans definitely have that gross new jean smell!
Price: Around 15$-40$

My (awesome and gorgeous) friend Yael Perez Arrived at the Bike & Tattoo Expo in this cute burnt orange and black dress that I LOVED... and I was surprised to find out that she picked it up, not only from Forever 21 but from Forever 21 in Montreal!


Yesterday I decided to check it out. I'm pretty sceptical of anything plus size, considering that in one brand I'll wear 16, in another 22... not to mention it's a plus size created by a brand that caters to thin girls (which usually means they just add 3 inches of fabric all around instead of actually bothering to size a 16+ woman)!! According to my measurements and canadian sizing I should be a size 18 or 2x. Ordering online can be hell, PUG is my ultimate hate fest. I'll order one style according to their sizing chart at 2x... when I receive it it actually measures for a 1x.... so the next time I'll order a 3x.... it's too big.... ARGH! HELL! Hello? Is anyone out there?? There's a HUGE market of plus size girls wanting to wear clothes that fit and look GOOD. So much plus size clothing just looks like a parachute with 3 holes cut out for your arms and head. Why do we have to hide our bodies? Our curves are beautiful, make us clothes that fit and look hot god damn it! But I digress, back to the review.
Going into the changing room with a pair of "skinny" jeans, expecting to be disappointed... and I was..... pleasantly surprised. A size 18 fit like a size 18... The hem was high to hide the stomach, but not too high to be classified as mom jeans... they fit properly in both my hips and thighs.... AT THE SAME TIME... they were fucking long enough!!!.... OMG these jeans must cost a fortune... nothing ever fits this good for under 90$.... WTF 21$... Are you F*&king kidding me? I almost passed out...


So I bought 3 pairs. 
Forever 21+ will you marry me?


The only thing I could complain about is that there isn't enough selection (and who the F would wear those fugly blue shorts anyway?). There are about 4 jean choices and select few tops.... However, it's a wonderful start. Thank you Forever 21+, you've restored my faith in clothing shopping.


Final word: Tell your friends! Great prices and perfect fit!!!

2 comments:

Bruna Travi said...

I am Brazilian and I love your blog.
I visited USA last winter and I want to give you a hint: do not die without knowing Forever21 Times Square. It has almost an entire floor plus size clothing.
I too love Forever21!

Marisa Parisella said...

I'm going to have to check that out when I go visit NYC next month!! Thanks so much!! xx