Photographer since 2001

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Candy Nail Bar

Candy Nail Bar is so very sweet!
Where to find it: 6218 rue Saint Hubert, Montréal Qc
What: Nail care & manicures
Ease of use: So easy & relaxing!
Visual: Hot pink, black, white and crystals! Terribly girly and just lovely!
Price: From 20$ to 95$ + taxes + tip (Don't be a jerk! Learn to tip!)

I've been in love with their manicures since I first heard of them about a year ago - finally Lavender May and I had a moment off together and we decided to go. The place is fabulous & Tamara is hilarious, making the whole experience worth every penny. This salon is comfy and beautiful which makes it such a step above all the rest.... most other salons are cold and/or the colours on the wall give you headaches (because they so closely resemble barf). Tamara and her staff immediately treat you like you're one of the girls - I can't stress enough how inviting this place is (They had me at the Hello Kitty rhinestone iPhone case on display).
So pretty!

The prices are fair considering all the work that's put into your nails and they use Gel instead of acrylic powder... which if you're not aware - gel is actually more flexible so it is less likely to break. Gel also doesn't need to be filed down for a half hour like acrylic powder (sending all kinds of fumes and particles into your lungs! Yum!) AND - thank (fill in religious denomination) - gel doesn't have a horrible stench like acrylic. I don't know what you're waiting for - call and make an appointment with them right now - 514-276-7835!! Though some other salons claim 3D nail art, NO ONE does it like Tamara and her staff at Candy Nail Bar, don't be fooled - go to the best! Check out some of their work HERE.
Below you'll see a pic of my final product - the entire manicure with "pose d'ongles" (because my real nails are shorter than what's probably healthy) was 110$ (including taxes). I have 2 3D roses, 36 gems, and a black tip manicure (almost 3h of work!). I asked Tamara for the pointed nails - which I love so much but can't seem to grow on my own!
Now the real question that most people want to know whenever they spend more than 50$ on a manicure is: how do they hold up? Answer: pretty amazingly considering what they've been through. In over a week I've taken apart a set & put it back together, loaded and unloaded said set down flights of stairs and a in a truck, Shook over 300 hands, broke up a dog fight, had 2 particularly drunken bar nights, put together a last minute burlesque show, cleaned my studio, put my hands in my pockets repeatedly, answered over 200 emails (still more to go), washed dishes, picked at my nails repeatedly while on the phone/reading/etc... and dyed my hair. Damage: pretty much nothing except 3 jewels missing from my right hand. This is pretty spectacular considering I have a tendency to completely ruin a manicure in 24 hours flat. A few things I can't do with this manicure: pick my nose (honestly it's for the better of mankind), touch my hubby without tickling him (he deserves it anyway) and get my cell phone charger hooked into my phone (that last one is a bit of a problem). All in all I'm incredibly happy with my nail art!
(all photos courtesy of Tamara Di Lullo & Candy Nail Bar)

Final word: Treat yourself and support an amazing local artist & entrepreneur!

No comments: