Photographer since 2001

Friday, March 30, 2012

Steampunk Boudoir Set Now Available!


We have a new set at the studio, after much hard work and antiquing we were able to put together my vision of a Steampunk boudoir. I often see Steampunk done in a very dark and gothic light with no feminine touches apart from the actual female in the photo. Don't get me wrong - these photos are so flipping gorgeous - but I decided to put a little spin on it for the studio, making it accessible to even my most conservative clients.

For those of you that don't know what Steampunk is, I'll try to summarize it; Steampunk stems from late 1800s early 1900s fantasy/science fiction literature, authors like H.G. Wells, Jules Verne and the like. It's set in a romanticized world that's post-apocaliptic, sometimes in a "wild-west" sort of way - often featuring technology as Victorians might have envisioned them (i.e. Machines running on steam and clockwork). You'll often see women in bustles and big hairstyles toting a really nifty gun. Movies you would define as Steampunk inspired: Wild Wild West, Stardust, Sherlock Holmes (2010), The Illusionist, The Rocketeer, and the list goes on and on.

I'm pretty sure Marché St-Michel never wants to see me again - I bargained and ransacked every booth looking for very particular items that fit the look - whatever I couldn't find I bought off of Steampunk Emporium - amazing site with amazing service! I also had the pleasure of working with Kent from Kustom Koffins, here in MTL. He built the beautiful leather wall with the port-hole - it is absolutely EXACTLY what I was looking for. I also added the print - a beautiful interpretation of Perdido Street Station by China Mieville, which gives the impression we're in a private room looking out on the city.

Last night we did our first light test in the set with Lavender May, Isabelle Hell and Em - I'm terribly proud of the result! The look is a little gritty contrasted with ultra feminine lingerie and the beauty of all those antiques. Here are some shots:




The set will be around for another 2 months, we're offering our same special - 150$ including hair, makeup, wardrobe, accessories, all your shots and one final retouched image of your choice. Book soon, spaces are filling up!

No comments: